[mythtv-users] ivtv (PVR250) volume problems, using cvs mythtv

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Oct 7 17:38:20 EDT 2003

Sabin Dang wrote:
> I've double checked my recording profiles and they all also have their
> volumes maxed out. So if the recording profiles volume settings are
> being used, shouldn't the ivtv module volume control be set to 65353,
> instead of the 52400 it gets set at when I watch live tv?
>
> In the mythtv version I'm using (CVS 10/3/2003) the recording profiles
> don't seem to work at all, only the transcoding ones function. When I
> manipulate the bitrate or any other settings in the Recording Profiles |
> MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350) | Default, Live TV, etc nothing is
> affected. All the ivtv parameters get reset to some default value.

It sounds like the database updates for the new profile stuff
didn't go well. Try:

$ mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg > mythtv_backup.sql

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

mysql> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='DBSchemaVer';
mysql> INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('DBSchemaVer', 1003, NULL);

Then restart your master backend. This should reset things and
hopefully resolve the problems with saving profiles.

--  bjm