[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & Geforce4 MX440

Keola infptlh02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:29:52 EDT 2003

I have all the components for my first mythtv box except for the video capture and/or video card.  I want to have my htpc up and running by the end of October, so I'm not sure if I can wait for the PVR-350's decoding to be supported.  In the meantime, I'm looking at a Geforce MX440.  I think the Geforce will also come in handy if I ever want to play a first-person-shooter such as Unreal Tournament or UT2003 on the system.  Am I correct in assuming that the PVR-350 won't offer support for a game such as Unreal Tournament or UT2003?  I guess I just need to hear that I'm not spending an extra $55 on the MX440 for nothing.

Thanks,
Keola