[mythtv-users] blank screen + "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"

Kevin Bowen kevin at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 7 23:05:25 EDT 2003

I just upgraded my distribution (from redhat 9 to Fedora (i.e. redhat beta))
and rebuilt and installed myth .11 (keeping my database and settings from my
previously working install), and now I'm getting this old problem, where
when I enter live TV, I get a blank screen, then after a few seconds pause,
MANY lines of "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" printed to the
console by mythfrontend. I got this problem once before after I upgraded
ALSA, and the solution then was to change my audio device from /dev/dsp to
/dev/dsp0. This time, however, my alsa setup hasn't changed (same install as
before) and its working for everything else. I tried changing the audio
device back, but still the same thing. Anyone have any idea what else could
be causing this this time around?

Kevin Bowen