[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and NTL Cable in the UK

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo derek at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 8 08:17:23 EDT 2003

I need some clarifications:

1) It looks as though I need the "RedEye SERIAL".  Someone else mentioned
the "RedEye REMOTE".  From reading the descriptions, it's the SERIAL
version I need, right?

2) There is a Linux command-line utility to control the channels (at
http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/resdown.html).  I saw in the MythTV
HOW-TO that you can provide a shell script for changing channels.  I
assume I can wrap the RedEye serial utility in such a shell script, and I
thus should not need to use lirc at all.  Is that right?

3) When you referred to "using a hacked version of the supplied linux
driver", are you referring to the software you can download from the
RedRemote web site?

Derek

--
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo
Email: (Home)derek at leewo.net  (Work) dleewo at voicerite.com
Fax:     (US) 413-826-0641      (UK) 08701 338414

    "Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones