[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & Geforce4 MX440

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 11:01:48 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 04:07 am, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2003 11:25 pm, Christian Hack wrote:
> > A PVR 350 is an MPEG decoder card. It does not do 3D stuff like texture
> > mapping. You will never use a PVR350 card for games. Just adding the OSD
> > stuff isn't simple, so even doing 2D graphics on a PVR350 ain't gonna
> > happen.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/mc/x-on-pvr350.jpg
>
> So, I suppose that's not X running on my pvr-350's tv out as viewed through
> xawtv.  Oh well, I'll just have to stop doing that. =)
>
> Isaac

Hey Isaac, this is slightly OT, but I thought you might have some insight,
being as you hang out on the ivtv list.  On the ivtv list it was indicated
that one of the things on the todo/wish list was to add support for the HW
decoder on the rev1 PVR-250/Freestyle.  That was the only mention of the
Freestyle decoder I could find there.  Any idea of the likelihood of this
happening, and what different challenges it would present to Myth, seeing as
it doesn't have integrated TV-out?  Would supporting such a beast necessarily
include adding framebuffer output support to Myth?

Just curious.

-JAC