[mythtv-users] pvr-250, CLE266, mythCVS working on the same box

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Thu Oct 9 03:13:25 EDT 2003

Am Di, 2003-10-07 um 15.52 schrieb Derek Anderson:
> hey all,
>
> i have not yet seen a successful report of someone running myth using
> the CLE266 mpeg2 decoders, the ivtv pvr-250 encoders, and myth
> front/back all on the same machine.  if i've just missed it, this is
> redundant.  if not, i got it working late last night (w/ my EPIA-M 933).

I would be very interested in some details, as Iīm at a dead end at the
moment (I should go to bed and continue tommorow nigt anyways).

> redhat 9 is the base platform.
> default 2.4.20-8 kernel

Same here, I actually switched from debian to RH9 to get HW mpe2
decoding.

> cpu usage watching live TV is ~30%.

Thatīs what I would like to have :-)

> i'm more than willing to answer questions if they exist.

So here they are:

- Mpeg2 decoding is up and running (via X and libddmpeg from CLEXF40032)
ViaXine is taking 25-30% of my Eden CPU (600Mhz fanless) playing a full
resolution .vob

- ivtv compiled from decoder-alpha, modprobe successful

- modules.conf:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 via_v4l_drv
alias char-major-81-1 via_v4l_drv
alias char-major-81-2 via_v4l_drv
                                                                                                                   alias char-major-81-3   ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=30
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
#add below ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

- mythtv set to /dev/video3

What do I miss? I certainly miss something, because it wont work. I get
I/O errors on /dev/video3, ivtv missing sockets and all.

Please help,

Torsten