[mythtv-users] How to change input source

Murali Shanker mshanker at kent.edu
Wed Oct 8 23:12:31 EDT 2003

I am unable to figure out how to change the input source so that I can
copy a video tape onto my hard drive using the S-video input. From the
many posts, I note that "c" during Live TV is supposed to change the
input source. When I do that, it shows "Television" (which is my default
source), but nothing else. I know that the s-video works fine as I can
view programs from the vcr in xawtv.

During setup, I set up one video source for Cable TV (which works fine)

I have the following setup:

Hauppauge Win TV card
Mythtv-0.11

Mythtvsetup:

Capture card: /dev/video0
Video Source: Cable (defined for my cable channels)
Input Connections: /dev/video0 (Television) -> Cable
/dev/video0 (Composite1) -> none
/dev/video0 (s-video) -> none
/dev/video0 (Composite3) -> none

Any help would be appreicated.