[mythtv-users] ivtv rpms updated (was: problems with apt-get and ivtv)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 8 21:55:47 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 14:19 US/Pacific, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 05:32:03PM -0700, Couvrette, Jeffrey C. wrote:
>> I know that there have been some problems with apt-get and installing
>> the
>> ivtv-kmdl and ivtv driver recently, however, apt-get downloaded and
>> installed ivtv for me when I used the following commands:
>>
>> #apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$KERNEL
>> #apt-get install ivtv
>>
>> However, when I run
>>
>> #/sbin/depmod -a
>>
>> I get the following errors.
>
> depmod -ae tels you the name of the symbols, so one can pin it down
> more precisely.
>
> But I think the problem has gone now with Isaac's patch to the ivtv
> sources. Try getting the latest ivtv rpms.

The new ivtv rpms work. Just upgraded to them, and they work quite
nicely. Had some issues when I upgraded ALSA from your 0.9.6 to 0.9.7
rpms though (digital out got muted somehow, despite all other settings
remaining the same).

So anyone who has had ivtv unresolved symbol errors in the past few
days, GET THE NEW IVTV RPMS!!! They work without a hitch with my
PVR-250, and have support for the PVR-350's TV-out also.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...