[mythtv-users] apt get dependencies for Myth CVS

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 9 13:35:37 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 10:42 US/Pacific, Chris Griffiths wrote:

>> I'm building a box for a friend (well rebuilding) and I wanted to put
>> him on the CVS rev of Myth.  I've been using Jarod's PVR 250 receipe
>> doc (great work Jarod) but I'm wondering if there is a way to use
>> apt-get on my RH9 system to install just the depencies for Myth, but
>> not the myth suite of binaries itself?  I'd like to compile the CVS
>> rev.
>>
>> Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>>
>> -Jeff

> find a recent repository for mythtv and do
>    apt-get build-dep mythtv
>
> This will download all the dependencies it has - things may have
> changed slightly for the cvs version, but it'll be more or less there.

Won't quite work. That'll only pull in the deps for mythtv, it won't
pull in the deps for mythmusic, mythdvd, mythvideo, etc. And there's
only one mythtv apt repo for RH9 -- ATrpms.

On my pcHDV-testing system, I'm running CVS compiled from source for
MythTV, but previously had MythTV rpms installed. I initially installed
everything with apt-get install mythtv-suite, then manually rpm -e'd
all the myth packages. Synaptic makes it quite easy (search for
packages w/myth in the name, select them all, uninstall).

You could of course probably try apt-get build-dep for each of the
mythtv components as well.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE