[mythtv-users] Load v4l ?

Wood, Mike Mike.Wood at marriott.com
Fri Oct 10 17:04:28 EDT 2003

Hey Gang,

I'm trying to figure out if I should have the "Load v4l" line in my
XF86Config file.  Should it be there, or shouldn't it?  Myth seems to work
either way, but I'm wondering if it may hurt/hinder performance by having or
not having it?
It also looks like, if I do load it, I'm getting an error in
/var/log/messages that says modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81-1
If I don't load it, I don't get this message.

Soo.. Should I be loading it?  If so, I'm assuming I need to add something
to modules.conf to correct the error message...but what exactly?  If I
shouldn't be loading it, then I'll take it out.

Thanks!

System:
RH9 with 2.4.20-20.9 Kernel
IVTV Drivers for PVR250
nVidia Drivers for GeForce 4mx

This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc.
that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient,
or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this
information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or
using it.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender.
Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic
signature under applicable law.