[mythtv-users] nuvexport -> svcd

Jon jgregor at hotpop.com
Fri Oct 10 20:49:51 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:

>>I read that you used nuvexport on your workstation because its faster,
>>so I figured i'd give that a try (different distro, maybe different
>>effects) I mounted my mythtv recordings directory and used nuvexport, it
>>picked up all the information from my database and found the files, as
>>long as I mounted them in the same spot, anyway, it seems to be working
>>ok, if I finish with no problems I'll see what the differences in my
>>mpeg2enc binaries are.  Thanks for all your help
>>

>Yeah, and if you have mythtv installed on your other machine, it'll use
>whatever settings myth has for that machine (well, it should).
>
>Anyway, good luck.  Maybe you missed some compile option or something
>when you compiled mpeg2enc on your main machine..
>
>-Chris

Ok well, running nuvexport on my other box runs fine, detects yuvscaler,
looks like its transcoding, after awhile, says transcoding is done. but
doesn't continue, doesn't show me any output. I get

Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Created video fifo: fifodir.21669/vidout
Created audio fifo: fifodir.21669/audout
CreatedThreads
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
   INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.6.1.90 (10-02-2003) is a general
scaling utility for yuv frames
   INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2003 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard at free.fr>,
yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
Transcoding /mnt/store//1031_20031009003000_20031009010000.nuv done

than it just stops.  If I ps afx I get :

16592 pts/1    S      0:00                  |           \_ bash
21669 pts/1    S      0:00                  |               \_
/usr/bin/perl -w
21682 pts/1    S      0:00                  |                   \_
/usr/bin/perl
21684 pts/1    SN     0:00                  |                   |   \_
toolame -
21686 pts/1    S      0:00                  |                       \_
sh -c nic
21687 pts/1    SN     0:00                  |
\_ ffmpe
21688 pts/1    SN     0:00                  |
\_ yuvsc
21689 pts/1    SN     0:00                  |
\_ mpeg2

all of which use 0.0 cpu and mem,  If I run with --debug and execute
each command seperately my mythtranscode command will finish,, and say
transcoding done, but toolame and mpeg2enc just seem to continue on
doing nothing for eternity, with 0.0 cpu and memory usage.
thanks for all your help -Jon