[mythtv-users] gateway pvr cards -- 100% compatibles?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Oct 11 22:22:08 EDT 2003

On Saturday, Oct 11, 2003, at 19:42 US/Pacific, James L. Paul wrote:

> Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> Hauppauge's
> |

> | On Saturday, Oct 11, 2003, at 11:05 US/Pacific, James L. Paul wrote:
> |
> |> I can confirm that the Gateway OEM cards that are reputedly system
> pulls
> |> from Mediacenter PCs work just fine with ivtv as far as have seen. I
> |> bought 2 of those from that same guy on Ebay. (I have no
> relationship at
> |> all to this guy, other than buying these cards and talking him into
> |> shipping USPS Priority Mail.)
> |

> | I am REALLY beginning to hate top-posting... :)
>
> OK, my bad. No more top-posting. :) How about inline instead?

That's my first preference. Even better than posting everything at the
bottom. Thank you!

> | Anyhow, I just wanted to repeat this. The MS code-name for the first
> | release of Windows XP Media Center Edition is "Freestyle". MCE ==
> | Freestyle, and WinTV PVR-250MCE == WinTV Freestyle == WinTV OEM
> (more or
> | less). For the record, XP MCE 2004 is code-named "Harmony", but I
> have
> | yet to see a card incorporating that moniker...
>
> I haven't paid much attention to XP or it's variants, so I didn't even
> know that MCE was a version of Windows XP. ;) I wish the list archives
> were searchable, I probably would have noticed this. Thanks for
> pointing
> it out!

No problem. But, uh, look at my signature... The part about the
searchable mailing list archives... :)

> Regardless of what these cards were originally intended for, they are
> doing a great job in my MythTV box.

Definitely. I like mine tons. WAAAY better than my AVerTV Studio card.
The jury's still out on the pcHDTV...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE