[mythtv-users] MythTV looks incredible

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Oct 13 13:45:18 EDT 2003

Answering a couple replies at once here.

The poor quality is due to the VCR recording's and/or the tapes. If I
play a purchased video tape the quality is fine. Regular TV also looks
ok. A recorded show from any of my VCR's is crap. That being said, I
don't have high-end VCR's either.

As far as the remote, I was thinking more in terms of the playback in
the home theater, when not sitting in front of the PC. I was thinking,
(assuming :-( ) that playback would be a function of MythTV not the
tuner card, hence the remote not being usable? That was an assumption,
possibly a bad one. Live TV would be ok. I'll hit the archives again
about the remote control.

DVD, yes, I meant authoring DVD's with MythTV captured/recorded video. I
already have the other pieces as I have converted a bunch of home videos
to DVD.

Thanks,
James