[mythtv-users] OT: Svideo to RCA

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 15:58:44 EDT 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 06:09 pm, Nessuno Nessuno wrote:

> Can someone tell me if I need anything other than a simple adapter to output
my Mythbox to the TV? My FX5200 has Svideo and DVI out but my TV (old one)
only has RCA, I tried to use a cable that came with the video card but I
don't get any output on the TV

If your video card came with an S-Video-to-Composite adapter cable (my GF4MX
did), that should work... make sure your XF86Config has the appropriate
TVOutFormat specified in the "Device" section (assuming you're using the
NVidia binary drivers), either:

Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

or

Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"