[mythtv-users] MythTV looks incredible

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 16:39:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 13:47, James Pifer wrote:
> I think part of the problem here is my fault. It won't be next to the
> home theater, but will be in the same room, so IR should be ok. I was
> thinking(assuming) that when you captured/recorded a video with MythTV
> that you would have to use MythTV's interface for controlling it during
> playback, like pausing etc.
>
> I looked more at the archives about remote controls. Assuming IR line of
> sight is NOT a problem, can I use the remote that comes with the
> Hauppage 250/350 to play/pause/stop videos I have recorded when I'm
> watching them later?
>
> Hope that makes sense. Sorry to be asking stuff that's I'm sure as been
> talked about in different ways. I just want to be clear before I jump
> in.

I think I understand what you are asking...  Here's the way the remote
works AFAIK:
The remote that comes with the card does not necesarily change the
channel on the card.  you use the remote and the card to send signals to
the driver.  What the driver does with it is up to you (the programmer),
for example, you can tell it to re-boot the computer everytime you press
the volume up key...

So the short answer is "yes, you can use that remote for mythtv".  Do
read up in the list about the two different remotes that come with the
cards though.  IIRC they both work but one's better than the other...

-jose-