[mythtv-users] nuvexport without transcoding?

Joel McKee Cooper joel at mckooper.com
Tue Oct 14 00:08:01 EDT 2003

After downloding nuvexport and playing with it a bit, my basic
understanding is that it uses mythtranscode to decode the .nuv file, and
then uses ffmpeg to re-encode the data in the new format.  Is this correct?

If so, has anyone looked into doing a .nuv->.avi conversion without
re-encoding the data?  For example, if I'm recording .nuv files in mpeg4
at 640x480, I don't really want to decode the data and then re-encode it
to convert/export it as an .avi.  Shouldn't it be possible to just
extract the mpeg4 data and reformat it as an .avi file (or whatever)
without any additional encoding?

I'm willing to look into writing some code to do this, but I wanted to
make sure I wasn't re-inventing the wheel :)

Thanks!

-Joel