[mythtv-users] SB Audigy Digital out.

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 14 16:16:35 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 14:37 US/Pacific, Brad Sagowitz wrote:

> I'm wonder for those who are using the Audigy + Alsa + Digital out
> what connecter you are using?  The small one at the top of the card?
> or are you using the connections on the Live! drive?  If you are using
> the connector on the back of the card what kinda cable are you using?
> where did you get it?  Did you make it? how?

Audigy + ALSA + Digital out for me, using the small one on the card. I
use a mono mini-plug to RCA adapter, then an RCA to RCA cable to feed
the digital coax input on my amp. The mono mini-plug was a buck or two
at RadioShack, but I don't recall how much the cable was. Any RCA cable
should do (like an S-Video or mono audio cable), but there are also
"special" (translation: expensive, but better shielded, better quality)
cables specifically for digital audio, which is what I've got.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...