[mythtv-users] Possible bug in MythWeb w/Konqueror

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 00:00:36 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>>Has anyone else noticed this?  I'm running Konqueror 3.1.4 on Slackware 9,
>
> and
>
>>in MythWeb the 'hover'-type popups don't go away once they've been popped
>
> up.
>
>>A page reload clears them.  It's fine under Mozilla/Firebird.  This could
>
> be
>
>>a bug in KHTML/Konqueror, but I thought I'd check.  I'll check tonight on
>>Apple's Safari, which is also KHTML-based.
>

> Yep, I get the same on Konqueror 3.1.4.  However, I think you will notice
> something interesting, which is that they DO disappear as long as the popup
> doesn't fill the screen, ie only a short line...  Haven't investigated the
> code though

Mine don't fill the screen anyway, and they still don't disappear...
well, that is, if I pop one up the previous one goes away, but the
mouseout code doesn't seem to work.  Actually, sometimes (haven't
figured out the steps to reproduce it) I can get it to where they pop up
and *never* go away, so that successive pop-ups obscure each other.
Anyway, as reported elsewhere in this thread, there's a chance that this
is/will be fixed in Konq, as it seems to have been fixed in Safari
(assuming Apple has been keeping up-to-date with contributing their mods
back to the community...)

-JAC