[mythtv-users] Redhat 9

Zagaroth zagaroth at wave.co.nz
Thu Oct 16 12:36:29 EDT 2003

Ok i know this is going to make me sound stupid but i can't for the life of me work out how to run the
redhat 9 package sellection program that is run at startup (the one where i can install from the actual
package list, not the checkbox one where u just pick the big groups (like "X system" or "web server").
(i just switched from debian to redhat so i could use the hardware decoding)

I'm running a
    VIA EPIA M10000 Ez core
    Leadtek Winfast TV XP2000 Deluxe (Bt878)
    Generic DVD drive

If anyone is interested i'll write a big list of want i had to do to get it working with the hardware decoding
(P.S. i'm a relative linux newbe so it will probly be a very simple walkthrough)

-Laurence