[mythtv-users] Capture and LIRC problems

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo derek at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 16 10:53:49 EDT 2003

> 1.      When I am trying to capture from, SVCD input, I have black
> screen with colored horizontal-down-inclined lines, like out-of-sync
> picture

I just had a similar problem last night when I was trying to setup my
machine.  Did you try different "port" numbers in the "test_ioctl -p X"
command?  While trying this, I got a black screen with what looked like a
lot of static for one of the ports.  All the others except for the
correct one gave me a blank screen.  I use the composite port on my
PVR-250 and I had to use "-p 5" (I think....the machine is at home and
I'm recalling this from memory).  I just started at "-p 0" and tried each
number in turn.

Derek

--
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo
Email: (Home)derek at leewo.net  (Work) dleewo at voicerite.com
Fax:     (US) 413-826-0641      (UK) 08701 338414

    "Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones