[mythtv-users] Problems recording and watching at the same time

Myster Man Xsecrets at softhome.net
Thu Oct 16 12:43:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 10:22, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> Because the mythbackend one comes second, it is probably a side effect of
> the first, and the first is connected to your swapper. So ... are you
> running with an active swap partition on your drive? If yes, check to see
> that it is working properly (properly formatted with mkswap, activated with
> swapon). If no, try adding a small swap partition ... I once had a system
> that would OOPS every now and then because it tried to use nonexistant
> swap. I created a small swap partition on it, and though the partition was
> never actually used by the system, its presence made the kernel happy (I
> don't know why).

Thanks I had a swap partition and I thought it was formated and mounted,
but I reformatted it and it appeared to clear things up. I haven't had
time to do any serious testing, but I quickly started two recordings and
went in and started watching a recorded show. And got no crashes so
that's a good start.

On a side note and I will probably post another thread about this my
alsa will not keep the capture setting set to line. I set it and run the
alsactl store command and the next boot it's back on mic. Any ideas
about this or should I just give in and move the cable to the mic input.