[mythtv-users] Backend 3000 miles away (kinda)

Donald A. Cook DCook at t-online.de
Thu Oct 16 21:10:39 EDT 2003

Thanks Jamie and Ian for the pointers.

The one question I have remaining is the serial cable.  Should it be a
straight-through, null-modem, or special built.

donald

>     1. Try a serial cable first. Generally more tidy than trying to
re-route
> via IR. There's  a python based set of scripts (do a google search
mythtv
> dct2000 serial or something like that)
>         that provide basic channel change functionality over a serial
line.
> (found a bunch of info on it at the link below)

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1192561#po
st1192561

Actually, the scripts can be found in the mythtv/contrib/ directory of
cvs mythtv.  Check the README file for implementation details.  (I wrote
the README.)