[mythtv-users] Problems recording and watching at the same time

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Oct 16 13:28:33 EDT 2003

At 11:43 AM 10/16/2003 -0500, Myster Man wrote:
[...]

>On a side note and I will probably post another thread about this my
>alsa will not keep the capture setting set to line. I set it and run the
>alsactl store command and the next boot it's back on mic. Any ideas
>about this or should I just give in and move the cable to the mic input.

When I set up ALSA, I have no problems. But I use alsamixer to do it, not
alsactl. You might try that and see if it does any better for you.

I forget what distro you said you are using. You might check its init
scripts and see if (though I can't imagine why) it is resetting the ALSA
devices as part of init.

Moving the cable to the mic input is likely to be a bad idea ... you won't
like the sound quality, I'd bet.