[mythtv-users] G400 and TV Out - about to give up

Alberto Grazi alberto.grazi at db.com
Fri Oct 17 12:18:51 EDT 2003

Hi guys,
it's only after spending endless hours on this problem that I'm back to
the list asking for advices... I don't really know what to do now.

Very quickly, I've configured every possible setting using the various
howtos from this list and from other sources but "no luck" (TM).
My G400 doesn't have anything connected to the first head and the second
head is plugged into my TV with a S-video cable.

Text mode works pretty well (although only b&w) but, as soon as I start X
the picture is completely scrambled on the screen (oh well, it looks
familiar but it's nothing close to something viewable). By looking at the
logs, the X server is ignoring my modelines claiming they're out of range.
This is happening after a failure to detect DDC information from the
monitor (well, after all it's not connected).

Has anyone seen this before? If I can't get it to work, I'll have to give
up and spend £60 to get my XBOX chipped and use it as a front-end (but I
don't really want to if I can avoid it).

BTW, can someone send me a copy of their XF86config (just for reference)
for the G400 with TV-Out for PAL? And, as a reference, I'm on an up2date
gentoo installation.

Thanks in advance!
Alberto