[mythtv-users] Color (hue)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Oct 17 13:32:35 EDT 2003

Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> Yes, I've read the through the archives.
> No, I'm not using a nVidia driver.
>
> Now please don't flame me as I ask a question.
>
> Last night I upgraded from Redhat 8.0 to Redhat 9 (because the latest
> CVS would not compile because I was using QT 3.0).  Now when watching
> Live TV or watching a recording, all the colors are whack.  It's like
> it's displaying RBG instead of RGB (blue and green are swapped).  Now,
> it's NOT a problem with the bttv stream, because on the "Watch
> Recordings" screen where there's the small preview movie of the
> recording, the colors are absolutely perfect.  So it's only when it uses
> Xv to display.  Now, it's also not an issue with adjusting the Hue on a
> per-channel basis, because even the OSD is affected.  Instead of the
> standard blue OSD, it's green.  So, even if I adjust the hue to get the
> tv picture to look ok, the OSD is still green.  There's something more
> sinister going on here.
>
> I'm using the SiS graphics chip (315) on my Shuttle XPC.
>
> I've recompiled the sis driver and that Hue setting is at the same
> setting that worked perfectly in my Redhat 8.0 setup.

For the nVidia and Gatos drivers I use (and I assume the driver
Ben uses) the 'normal' Hue is a 0% or 100% and 50% is whacky.
This seems bassakwards to me. It may be that the SIS driver sets
the Xv hue the right/wrong way (or the wrong/right way).

Try starting video, press F five times to get to the Hue setting
then right arrow to 50% and let us know if this fixes it or not.
Isaac made the Xv picture settings a TV Settings->Playback option
now so you can update and simply turn off the Xv settings but I'd
first like to find out if the SIS hue values are reversed.

--  bjm