[mythtv-users] Status on 6544 - Encoder: 1 is local.

Mark E. Matula mmatula at charon.dnsalias.net
Fri Oct 17 17:04:27 EDT 2003

Ok, my first post.  Great project, everyone.  I can't wait to get somme
decent hardware to make full use of it (PII-400 w/ 1 PVR-250 as a
proof-of-concept box).  Right now I have a bit of a puzzler (I have a few,
but this is the only one I feel has been researched enough to justify
posting).  I googled, checked the gossamer-threads forums and tried
searching this list's archives as best I could.  So I've tried RTFM'ing.

As I understand it, I should be able to get the status of the backend by
hitting http://mythbox:6544/.  When I do that, all I get is a page titled
"MythTV Status" and the text "Encoder: 1 is local."

I'm using the Debian Woody packages for 0.11, FWIW.  Perhaps the status
screen is a feature only in CVS?  Or maybe I'm misinformed about port 6544
actully being useful.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks again for some damned cool software.  I'll have some more questions
and perhaps some kind of contribution in the future.

--
Mark Matula
We were so poor we couldn't afford a watchdog.  If we heard a noise at night,