[mythtv-users] Color (hue)

Chris mythtvusers.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org
Fri Oct 17 22:16:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:00:36PM -0400, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Message: 21 Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:40:13 -0400
> From: "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman at dsbox.com>
>

> Last night I upgraded from Redhat 8.0 to Redhat 9 (because the latest
> CVS would not compile because I was using QT 3.0).  Now when watching
> Live TV or watching a recording, all the colors are whack.  It's like
> it's displaying RBG instead of RGB (blue and green are swapped).  Now,
> it's NOT a problem with the bttv stream, because on the "Watch
> Recordings" screen where there's the small preview movie of the
> recording, the colors are absolutely perfect.  So it's only when it
> uses Xv to display.  Now, it's also not an issue with adjusting the
> Hue on a per-channel basis, because even the OSD is affected.  Instead
> of the standard blue OSD, it's green.  So, even if I adjust the hue to
> get the tv picture to look ok, the OSD is still green.  There's
> something more sinister going on here.

 I had a similar issue with my installation of mythtv, although I don't
think I have any hardware in common with you.  I fixed the problem
(well, found the fix) by dropping the default bpp in X from 24 to 16.
See if that helps.

--
Chris Witham <mythtvusers.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org>
Computer Engineer and Geek