[mythtv-users] Timeouts or unknown socket errors

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 15:32:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:37:12PM -0400, MegaDeTH wrote:
> I reverted back to .11 and the frontends work fine.
>
> What would you like a backtrace of?  Nothing crashes, just sits waiting
> forever.

You can switch windows to gdb (or run gdb from an ssh sessio) and hit
control+c where it sits waiting to get a gdb prompt so you can get
a backtrace.

> >I have my setup change the LED
> >if mythfrontend is killed so my wife or I can see a difference once
> >mythfrontend comes up and sets it.
>
> How did you set it to do this?
>
> I'm running Debian for xbox.

First off, do you have blink installed?  You will need that from
the xbox-linux project.  I must put up a binary of this on the
downloads page there if there is enough demaand.

I run a simple shell script that executes mythfrontend, runs
'blink ooon' to set the led to slowly flashing orange, followed
by a sleep 1.  This then loops so if I killall mythfrontend, the
led changes and then mythfrontend is restarted.  When myth sets
the led to green or red depending on the backend's status.

Michael