[mythtv-users] Updated dct-channel for controlling DCT-2000 via serial port

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Oct 19 20:28:20 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 00:42, Jim Paris wrote:
> > /usr/bin/cc is symlinked to /usr/bin/gcc so that's not it...
>
> That's strange.  I'm not sure what else to check.  Maybe it's just
> safe to assume it went away with the configure script? :)
> Let me know if the problem shows up anymore and we'll try to fix it.

Excellent!

> Well, not quite, it actually depends on channel.c so that the manpage
> won't be rebuilt for most people.  But whatever, it's all good now.
> A dummy will get built if it needs a new manpage and help2man isn't
> around or doesn't work (cross-compiling, etc).  I had this in the rule
> originally, then took it out when I switched to the configure script,
> and forgot it when I switched back.  I'll put up a new version at some
> point..

I've got another suggestion also.  Since your code can apparently read
the current channel number, it can check to see if the channel change
was successful.  (I've gotten a few missed channel changes.)  It might
be a good thing(tm) if it would do said check after changing, and if it
hasn't changed to the requested channel (and the channel does exist)
that it attempt the channel change again, but a little more slowly...

Other than that, I'm still using it!

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME