[mythtv-users] Partition Advice.

Duncan Thomas lists at goldtel.com.au
Mon Oct 20 15:15:01 EDT 2003

Hello all. New user - Very happy.

My current setup is 2 drives.

First one is a dual boot NTFS - EXT3 40 gig hard drive
Second one is a 200 gig NTFS Partition.

I basically want to scrap the NTFS partition on the second drive and
dedicate it for my TV recordings and DVD's. I was going to simply set
the second drive up as EXT3.

Can anyone give some advice on how they would set this up with respect
to the file system? I have gleaned a bit of information from the mailing
list and the Myth site but not enough to make a decision with respect to
file system performance etc. I am not sure if this is a factor, but I
would want to run Samba to share out the second drive.

Regards Duncan