[mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc, and DCT 2000

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Mon Oct 20 04:39:53 EDT 2003

> > What's the optimal method to get mythtv to coexist with a Moto DCT 2224
> > tuner?
>
> Look in mythtv/contrib/ and you'll see 2 gzipped tarballs relating to
> this... one is the Python scripts, one is a C program.  More people are
> currently using the Python scripts successfully, but that should change
> over time as the latter code is eventually tested by more people...

I just finished a new version of dct-channel that should fix the
problem that both Josh and David were having with their boxes (which
had an older firmware revision; your problem actually looked the same,
Ian, so I wonder if you got a new firmware pushed to your box?)

The new version of dct-channel has some new options, including
--blind, which causes it to just reset the box and send keypresses
blindly, exactly like the Python scripts.  Of course, you lose the
benefits of actual communication, like reading the current channel and
verifying that the change succeeded, but it should work as a last
resort as long as the Python scripts did.

Isaac, this should be good for replacing contrib/dct-channel-1.3.tar.gz

   http://jim.sh/tv/dct-channel-1.4.tar.gz

-jim