[mythtv-users] Re:nForce2 motherboards

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 20 09:54:37 EDT 2003

With the exception of LIRC, I have everything working now.

First, the audio wasn't not working because of Linux. Yesterday, I installed
WinXP to see if it was possible that I had hardware problems. I did - total
OE. Since my system had front panel audio, I hooked it up on first system
build. Either I did something wrong (likely) or the Shuttle wasn't liking my
Enermax case. (To those with the MN31/N, make SURE the front panel jumpers
are covered like they are in the manual). Upon Redhat reload, OSS did indeed
sense the audio card properly and I heard my first audio from the box.

All the apt-get stuff went as expected though I have found that it is wise
to apt-get update several times throughout install. Thanks for the explict
naming of the kernel tip when loading the KMDL modules from apt...I had just
stumbled onto that myself.

I did have an issue with MySQL that was different to the prior install, but
I am not sure if it made any difference to Myth. I also noticed that Myth
0.12 is out, any word on when it will be available via apt? How difficult is
it to upgrade?

So... Thank you all for the advice you have given me specifically and for
the extremely  helpful guides (Jarod, you rock) you have made available.
This past week has been a huge learning experience for me and I am sure that
I have a lot of tweaking to do before I am happy...but such is the path of a
noob :)

Have a great day everyone!

-Sean