[mythtv-users] Frontend lockup when deleting recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 20 19:00:21 EDT 2003

> The only time I have lockups (generally front end only) is when I try to
> delete a recording while another (or multiple) show(s) is being recorded.

I delete recordings all the time while the backend is recording new shows
and don't have any problems.  Maybe the problem is related to this:

> Yes, Athlon XP2400+, 512mb PC133, VIA KT133a motherboard, 7200rpm ATA100

http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#_jump21

The ivtv faq mentions the kt133 chipset.  Maybe your problems occur when
your deleting files because there is hard drive read/write dma activity
going on as well as the ivtv driver doing dma.

Maybe try without the pvr-250 since you said you added that and then
your problems started.  You could just unconfig the pvr-250 in Myth rather
than physically removing it.

--

Chris