[mythtv-users] Audio issues

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Mon Oct 20 22:01:39 EDT 2003

A few minutes after playback starts, whether watching recorded or live tv, I
start to hear static.  The tv audio can still be heard, it's slightly warbly
and the static is only irritating.  If I stop watching and start again, it
goes away for a while, so it's something wrong with playback, as the same
point in a recording will be fine if i seek to it just after starting
playback.  I'm using VIA 8235 onboard sound w/ the ALSA drivers from the
2.6.0-test8 kernel, and MythTV is using the OSS emulation for playback.  This
problem only occurs with MythTV, I can watch long videos with mplayer without
any audio problems, whether using OSS or ALSA output.  Has anybody else
experienced a similar problem?  Any suggestions?
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc