[mythtv-users] Introduction & Questions

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Oct 21 15:25:48 EDT 2003

> * Is the Celeron powerful enough for such a system, or would a full P4 be
> better?

It shoudl be fine with the 350.   But with only one card, you won't make
that "record 2 shows at once" requirement.

> *Am I right in concluding that the Pundit's front panel memory card reader isn't
> working right in Linux yet or in MythTV?

as far as I know, this is correct.  does not work.

> * AAC isn't supported yet?

AAC player or encoder?  I've been messing with this today for myself
(silly ipod won't play ogg), and as far as I can tell there's only one
encoder for linux, and because of licensing issues (silly patents) it
CANNOT be distributed as a binary.  Not sure how it goes for players,
though - so maybe we can get a free player like faad2 integrated into
mythmusic.

> * Is the process of creating/burning VCD's and DVD's handled through MythTV?

No.  at the moment, it's interactive-commandline-only with my nuvexport
script.  Once I have some time (getting harder and harder to find it),
I'd like to build an automatic command line interface and scheduler so
it can be more easily integrated with myth/mythweb.

-Chris