[mythtv-users] Multiple tuner channel idea

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Oct 22 01:06:14 EDT 2003

As I understand it, if one has multiple tuners the idea is to assign
them to the same xmltv file, thus allowing the program guide to show
only one of each channel.

But if one tuner is connected to a cable box and the other takes a
direct feed using its internal tuner (with a subset of the same
channels) there's a problem... In that situation (which I have) I copied
one .xmltv file to a new file, and editted out the cable-box-only
channels (buy putting "not" in front of them).  My question is:
Wouldn't it be better instead to have the program guide recognize the
fact that the channel names/numbers/frequencies are the same, collapse
the listings to only list one set of channels in the guide, and allow
recordings to proceed based on whether or not the requested tuner can
access that channel?  (As opposed to each channel having a list of
tuners, which would be wasteful...)

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME