[mythtv-users] xmltv: tv_grab_de

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Oct 22 12:39:53 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 10:25, Christian Schlaefcke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > try also this one:
> > Alternate setup program for MythTV and listings grabber for
> > Germany: Ben Bucksch, http://www.bucksch.com/1/projects/various/mythtv/
>
> Looks promising, IŽll give it a try.

It works, I had to disable syntax-checking (last option in config.py).

There are two scripts by Lars Heer: One to do a manual channel search,
one to retrieve listings from prisma-online. I had those working very
nice in the beginning.

Pro Lars's Tv-Listing: Short descriptions
Pro TvMovie: Long descriptions :-)

Long discriptions don't display well in the advanced recordings screen
in mythTV (they mess up the layout, no scrolling). They do display very
nice in mythWeb though, so I don't have to buy the a TV-Guide anymore.

When using the buksch script you have to do the channel setup yourself,
buksch has some setup tool for mythTV that's supposed to do that, so you
might give it a try.

There also is the possibility to import xawtv channel files.

mythfilldatabase --help

look at option --xawchannels and --file

Good Luck,

Torsten