[mythtv-users] Myth w/ PVR-250, EPIA M-10000 on gentoo; so close yet so far!

Patrick M. Gray pgray at epcotnet.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 22 11:49:30 EDT 2003

After about a month, I finally have my EPIA M-10000 nearly up to snuff, with X
and everything else working.  After a lot of mucking around, I compiled ivtv
and am able to capture good quality video with sound using cat /dev/video0 >
foo.mpg.  ( I don't have a player on my linux box, but the video works fine
with Windows Media player).

I've obtained and compiled Myth 0.12 under kernel 2.4.23-pre7-epia1 and
successfully installed and everything, however, when I try to view live TV
abour 95% of the screen is pink "fuzz," while the bottom inch or so of the
television has a strip of "visible" TV.  Channel change also appears to work
fine, although every channel has the pink fuzz.

I've checked all the cables and connections, and all are fine.  I'm also
suspicious that its something in myth since the ivtv capture is perfect.

I'd appreciate any and all advice!  I've searched the forums to the extent
possible and didn't see anything that looked like a solid lead.

Thanks in advance!

Pat