[mythtv-users] PCI Videocard on ITX

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 11:07:36 EDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 11:32, Rasmus wrote:
> Anyone know if its possible to use a PCI videocard on the Mini-ITX
> card. I want to use a DVI display...

Well, if you've got a PCI slot, you can use a PCI card (there are some
limitations:  voltage, case size, but most cards should work).  Of
course, depending on the board, if you've only got 1 PCI slot, where
would you put the tuner card?

> And secondly, is it possible then to use the mpeg2 decoder on the
> mainboard via the PCI videocard?

Don't know... if I had to venture a guess, I'd guess that the hardware
might support it but the driver might not (yet).  But that's only a
guess; I've never actually seen one, let alone examined the
specs/drivers.

-JAC