[mythtv-users] OSD overscan

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Oct 23 16:31:13 EDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 08:09 am, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the PVR-350, generally it works great. Love the overscan in the
> menus, can be adjusted perfectly. But the OSD while watching live tv
> doesn't seem to honor the general OSD settings, it stretches beyond the
> viewable area defined.

Seems to work ok here -- I can set the overscan compensation to 25%
horizontal/vertical, and get a tiny little OSD in the center of playback..
Though, you may have missed that the overscan settings for the OSD during
video playback are separate from the general UI geometry settings -- TV
Settings -> Playback, 4th or 5th page of the settings wizard.

> I'm using 0.12. I've previously used freevo, but having just installed
> mythtv I must say I'm impressed. It's miles ahead of the competition,
> excellent job.

Thanks =)

Isaac