[mythtv-users] PVR 350 video and audio output

Clay claybo at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 23 17:30:06 EDT 2003

I'm just about ready to order the hardware necessary for my Myth
machine, but realized a few things I'm still unsure about.

I plan on getting a PVR 350 for its superior TV-out.  I also have read
a few posts about how audio/video sync problems are really nonexistent
with the 350.  However, would problems come up if I used the 350's
output for video and the EPIA's on-board SPDIF output for audio?  Or
would I be recommended to use the 350's audio and video output to avoid
any potential problems?  I will definitely be utilizing Myth for lots
of live TV viewing, if that equates into the question.  (I am
considering in the future using my Myth machine for DVD playback, thus
the six-channel SPDIF output, but that will be after I get Myth working
the way I want it.)

I also want to use my Myth machine for a Nintendo (NES) emulator.  Will
that work with the PVR 350's output, or would I need to put the PVR 350
on one channel of my receiver for video, and the EPIA's output on
another channel for everything non-video and switch back and forth?

Thanks for your time and any possible help.