[mythtv-users] mythgame not finding MAME roms

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Fri Oct 24 01:20:42 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:
|>The command looks ok.
|>
|>"/usr/local/bin/xmame.x11 -rompath /mnt/nfs/games/roms/ -cheat_file
|>/usr/local/share/xmame/cheats -history_file /usr/local/share/xmame/
|>-snapshot_directory /usr/local/share/xmame/screens -skip_disclaimer
|>-noskip_gameinfo -nocursor -x11-mode 1 -noscanlines -noartwork
|>-noautoframeskip  -scale 1 -noantialias -notranslucency   -noanalogstick
|>-nomouse -nowinkeys -nograbmouse -joytype 4 -sound -samples -volume -16
|>-nocheat  -verifyroms 2>/dev/null"
|>

| "Looks OK"?  Did you try running it on the command line (and without
feeding errors to /dev/null)?

|>I get no info in the database.  I have tried dropping and re-adding the
|>tables, with no luck.
|

| It seems likely that the output of this command isn't the full list of
roms and hence the parser isn't reading them and importing them into the
DB (well, assume that is the null hypothesis and try to disprove).

| I have a vague recollection that I was getting a segfault from
xmame.xll if --history_file pointed to a directory rather than a
file...?  This lead to a symptom where it appeared to do some work for a
min or so, but the progress dialog never whizzed across the screen while
it imported the roms.

That did it for me, thanks! I don't know why the directory worked for me
in 0.11, the command should have been the same. Anyway, I changed the
path to point to the history file and not the directory and everything
is good now.

All that's left is to re-hack my mythgame copy to run nvtv script before
and after xmame so games don't leak off the screen due to the overscan. :)

| Keep working on breaking out the command lines into xmame.  I have a
hunch that when you run these from the command line manually you will
find your problem