[mythtv-users] IVTV Problem

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 24 13:02:12 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 24, 2003, at 06:04 US/Pacific, Sean wrote:

> Good, I thought I was going crazy!!!!!

Well, that's still possible... =]

> I noticed yesterday that you (Jarod) mentioned that the 0.12 releases
> was
> available via apt as long as your set the at-bleeding section and that
> that
> release included support for ALSA, Lirc and IVTV. Does this mean that
> we can
> skip scertain sections of your very, very well loved installed guide?

Not exactly. Certain sections will be slightly modified, but the amount
of work won't go down considerably. You'll still have to set up ALSA
and LIRC, the setup will just be a little bit different.

We're still QA'ing the 0.12 rpms, and it appears something didn't quite
build right... Native LIRC isn't working for me, and I'm not certain
whether native ALSA is truly enabled or not. Working on some further
testing right now...

> -Sean
> ...who is perpectually sorry for being a noob...someone ask a Mac
> question!

I already know Macs pretty damned well, can't help there. If you look
at my email headers (if you use non-digest mode), you'll see I use
Apple Mail. ;p

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE