[mythtv-users] Jittery, Time, Channel change, and wierd log.

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Fri Oct 24 16:45:57 EDT 2003

> 1) Time Offset.  No matter what I set this to, my channels still show
> as
> 12 hours behind.  I tried None, Auto, and +1200, and re-ran
> mythfilldatabase.  Any ideas (east coast US)?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But mythfilldatabase will only fetch
channel information for dates / channels which are not already in the
database. So if you made a change to the offset, you'd have to clear
the database and then run mythfilldatabase.

For me, all I did was set the time zone during installation, and mythtv
picked it up perfectly (west coast)

> 2) My channel changing is REAL slow.  It takes about 5 seconds to
> change,
> then about another 5 to 10 to smooth out, it's no video or jittery
> until
> then, with pops in the sound.  I  use a Sony Sat-B3 and the sony.pl
> file.
>
> 3) I have some jittery video.  Especially when changing to solid color
> screens like credits, or the "cards" on adultswim (cartoon network).
> Number 2 may be related to this one.  It's got to do with the recording
> end, as if I move a file over to the Windows box, the errors are in the
> recording.  I'm using a PVR-250.

What bitrate do you have your pvr-250 set at? I had issues similar to
what you are describing when I set mine too low.

Also I noticed from the logs you provided you're using OSS drivers. I
also had performance issues when using them, switching to ALSA helped a
lot.

-- Sabin