[mythtv-users] IVTV Problem

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 24 21:45:35 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 24, 2003, at 15:41 US/Pacific, Sean wrote:

> Darn I want to be helpful (not used to be on the other side of the Q&A
> -
> can't you tell.)

=] Know much about setting up VaporSec in a RoadWarrior config to
connect back to a FreeS/WAN VPN server? I need to do some work on such
a setup here shortly...

> On the plus side, your suggestion about dnlding the firmware solved my
> recent IVTV woes. I don't need LIRC, but installed ALSA via your last
> instructions.

Good deal. I still need to get those updated instructions posted...

> There are some specific issues dealing with the NFORCE boards that I
> want to
> cover in a "noob meets MythTV" write up once I am successful. Does
> anybody
> else feel like that is nessecary or am I repeating past effort?

I was contemplating putting something into my doc, since I'm now using
an nForce2 board. I didn't really find there was all that much to it
(fairly similar to the Pundit setup procedure), but then I have a bit
more experience that some folks traveling this path...

If people think such an addition is highly worthwhile, I'll start
incorporating something about nForce2 boards, and please feel free to
contribute as well.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE