[mythtv-users] IVTV Problem

Kevin D. Lenth fhathead at nmt.edu
Sat Oct 25 19:46:12 EDT 2003

> > I would be very interested in your experiences.  I recently
> > installed an nForce2 board.  So far, I had to disable APIC in
> > the kernel (I did so in the BIOS, too -- dunno if this was
> > necessary) because I experienced some lockups.  I would welcome
> > any and all further suggestions regarding this particular
> > hardware and the MythTV suite.
>
> What distribution, and what kernel? I'm trying to figure out if there
> are common threads...
>
> Oh, also, what board?

I have an nForce 2 board (Biostar M7NCG Pro) and a PVR 250 as well and was
having hard locks occasionally.  I recompiled my kernel to exclude APIC a
few days ago and haven't had a problem since (once I rerecompiled to
include DMA again 8-)) but it was only happening once a week or so anyway,
so that doesn't mean much.  Slackware 9, kernel 2.4.20, Athlon XP 3000+.

      --Kevin Lenth