[mythtv-users] No more ivtv firmware distribution in atrpms' rpms (was: ivtv-fw-*.bin)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 26 02:47:40 EST 2003

Dear mythtv and ivtv users,

you are sending private mails or posting in the lists on ivtv rpms not
working anymore. Please read the rpm changelogs or check the archives
on this matter.

I could not find any licensing whatsoever (maybe it is only displayed
in a Windows installation, so I'll never know), not even a contact at
Hauppauge/Conexant to ask.

If half of the energy being spent in these mails were spent in
contacting Hauppauge and/or Conexant I am sure a better solution would
have been found by now.

Until then follow the instructions on http://ivtv.sf.net/ (or Jarod's
guide) to manually download the Windows driver and extract the
firmware.

Sorry, I have no alternative. If someone wants to take up with the
legalities, please go ahead. If you manage to resolve the issue, I'd
be glad to repaste the firmware into the rpms to make
installation/upgrades painless again.

Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de