[mythtv-users] Recording profiles changed from Myth .11 to .12 - how to do a per backend profile?

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 26 11:28:32 EST 2003

First of all, excellent work on the MythTV 0.12 release. I am actually
using the cvs version of 10/24/03 ( just so I can take advantage of
bugfixes from the time .12 was released).  The fast forward seek
mythfrontend hang is gone.

I have a master backend with an amd athlon xp 2400+ and a slave backend
with a p3 1 Ghz.  The slave backend cannot obviously cannot keep up with
the athlon xp master backend.  In myth .11, I had a recording profile
with the name of the profile set to the hostname of the slave backend.
This allowed the slave backend to record at a lower resolution and bit
rate.  With upgrade to .12, this profile disappeared.  In place was a
"Software Encoders (v4l based)" profile group.  While this works well
with my Athlon master backend, the slave stutters as expected.  I tried
to create a hostname specific configuration for the slave using my
previous settings but somehow, the slave still uses the "Software
Encoders (v4l based)" profile, because live tv still stuttered.  I
proceeded to create a recording profile for the Athlon master backend
(thinking that having a host specific entry for each system might tell
mythtv to use those instead of the default "Software Encoders "
profile.  This did not work either. Do I have to delete the the
"Software Encoders (v4l based)" profile in order to get host specific
profiles to be used?  Also I noticed that after I have created the host
specific recording profiles, mythtv does not allow me to alter the
settings anymore for resolution, bitrate, etc.  Selecting the profile
group name for the particular host presents the first screen of the
configuration with the bottom right of the screen marked as "Finish"
instead of "Next" which would have allowed me to reconfigure resolutions
as needed.  There is also no way to delete that I  know of the recording
profiles once it is created although I am sure there is a mysql command
to do this.  Anybody have any ideas on how to get per backend recording
profiles working ?  Thanks