[mythtv-users] Looking for a board for a new mythbox

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Oct 26 16:31:57 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 20:49, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday, Oct 26, 2003, at 11:02 US/Pacific, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> >
> > MicroATX need min. 2 PCI slots
> > VGA with TV-out
> > Sound with SPDIF

> Do you mean all of that stuff directly on the motherboard, no extra
> bracket headers required? I'm not familiar with such a board, but my
> Chaintech 7NIF2 is a micro-ATX board, has 3 PCI slots, onboard TV-Out
> (no extra bracket required) and onboard SPDIF if you get the bracket
> for it (which can then fill the slot unused by the AGP slot).

Sounds nice, but has a chipset fan, which I want to avoid. How loud is
it? I don't want to go to go through all the effort to get a low noise
system and have a small fan whirring inside. ASUS has the A7N8X-VM which
will need two brackets (no problem) but this will be quite expensive
(108 EUR or $ the board, 25 $ TV-out bracket and 20 $ SPDIF bracket)

Torsten