[mythtv-users] avermedia and audiomux options

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 27 12:41:52 EST 2003

From: scut erky <scuterky at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:35:51 -0700 (PDT)
> I have seen conflicting entries of both
> options bttv audiomux=0xff44e, and

That's what I use for my AverMedia TV Stereo.  I don't know if it
matters but I'm using NTSC cable in the US.

> My tests haven't been very successful as when I try either of them, at times I get the proper audio channel and upon restart of mythbackend, (or rmmod, insmod bttv I am unclear), the SAP channel comes back.
>
> This testing, it would seem, also causes shows to not record properly and at times freak myth out with an error message of "VIDIOSYNC: Input/output error"

I was having some strange problems when testing with mythtv as well.
I was able to run xawtv to bring the drivers back in line, and then
could retest with mythtv.  You could always set the audiomux and then
reboot (slow to test, but drivers are fully reset then).

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"He who lives by fighting with an enemy has an interest in the
preservation of the enemy's life." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche